GMI Corporation is an ISO 13485 certified high precision machining and contract manufacturing assembly company which truly lives up to our slogan: “Quality is not just a word. It’s the way we do business”. Our legacy of living up to that motto stems from the cleanliness of our environmentally controlled shop floor, the maintenance and calibration of our equipment, and the process control & quality procedures faithfully adhered to for each customer’s job. Our dedication to principles has resulted in many valued customers and long term relationships.
GMI Mission Statement
GMI is an employee owned manufacturer focused on high precision machining, assembly, and value-added services for demanding markets. We build relationships with:
- Our customers by providing the highest level of quality and on-time delivery performance
- Our employees by providing a great place to work where everyone can thrive and develop
- Our community by giving back to the world through charitable activities and being environmentally conscious
GMI Vision Statement
GMI Guiding Principles
- Honest & Ethical – Do the right thing; do things right
- Quality is not just a word, it’s the way we do business
- Know your priorities
- Do what you said you were going to do
- Win / lose as a team
Fred McWilliams – Founder, CEO: Fred has spent over 35 years in the machining industry and began his career in 1972 as a machinist for Radio Component Corporation and set-up person for Startronics, Inc. Fred’s experience and acquired knowledge led him to assume the role of Manufacturing Manager for Delta Electronics in 1984, and then Director of Operations for Specialty Connector Inc. in 1989. In 1992 Fred founded Greenwood Machine, Inc. which later became GMI Corporation in 2013. In this relatively small amount of time, GMI has become a leader in providing high precision RF connector components along with medical device components and assemblies.
Aaron Barr – President: Aaron has over 18 years of experience in product development and manufacturing in the medical device arena. His background includes engineering and engineering management at both Cook Inc. in Bloomington, IN and Hologic in Indianapolis (formerly Suros Surgical Systems). Aaron is well versed in Design Controls, Risk Management, and Project Management. In addition, he has experience in a broad range of areas including quality systems, FDA and ISO audits, field evaluations, and sales and clinical training. Aaron holds a Master’s degree in Biomedical Engineering from Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology.
Keith Koester – Director of Operations: Keith has over 20 years of experience in manufacturing, including CNC setup and programming and machining in the plastics and electronics industry. His career then moved into applications engineering and service at Tornos Technologies, a manufacturer of Swiss-type turning centers. Keith’s growth continued as he became the technical sales representative for the regional distributor of Marubeni-Citizen products, the largest Swiss-type lathe manufacturer in the world; Keith provided sales, application, and service support for Indiana and Kentucky. The decision to get back into manufacturing and apply his knowledge was a perfect fit for GMI when he became our Operations Manager in late 2010. Keith currently manages 3 shifts that are operational 24 hours a day 6 days a week and a lights off operation during the weekend.
Jodi Reeder – Materials Manager: Jodi has over 17 years of supply chain experience including roles in cost accounting, data analysis, material controls, and as the department manager. Her early career experience was focused on price variances and inventory reconciliations but soon expanded into a material planning capacity. Jodi has led successful efforts which resulted in significant cost savings through the implementation of lean principles. Jodi’s career path led her to hold important management roles within the supply chain field in the electronics and medical device markets. She also continues to effectively lead the GMI organization through an ERP implementation by capitalizing on her valuable skillset and energies. Jodi holds a Certification in Production and Inventory Management with APICS.
- Brice Siemons – Quality Manager
- Tom Burich – National Sales and Marketing Manager
- Crystal Basey – Accounting Supervisor
- Melissa Dewey – Human Resources Manager
- Mike Thomas – Purchasing Manager
- Travis Bates – Production Control Manager
Equipment and Facilities
- GMI has 37 CNC Citizen and Mazak multi-axis lathes of various sizes with tolerance capabilities down to plus or minus one ten thousandth of an inch (+/ – .0001″) or +/-.00254mm.
- Complete suite of machines for degreasing, tumbling / deburring machined components in preparation for the next process like plating, assembly or shipment to the customer as required
- Separate, environmentally controlled, Class 8 clean room available for contract assembly work
- Industry Standards Met:
- Quality Management System – ISO 13485:2016 certified – Medical Devices.
- GMI is an FDA registered facility (Our registration number is 3011743372).